Monday 15 July 2013

The most successful ... luger!




This is luge, an Olympic sport..


...and here's an even more extreme version....



So, what do you consider to be an adventure?
Why do people seek adventure in extreme sports?
Would you take an adventure trip in the wilderness?
Here's the account of people who did!
Now write a story - real or imaginary- of an adventure or unusual experience you have had.
Remember: A successful story needs:
Past tenses (check this link for consistency)
Action- Reaction
adjectives
adverbs and expressions of time
some Direct Speech
action verbs

Take this survey to see how adventurous you are
and post the result as a comment!

Let's work on our word order skills with a game!


4 comments:

  1. Somewhat adventurous

    You enjoy some adventure in your life but maintain a little balance at the same time. You do things after a little thought, which is appreciable.

    DIMOS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most unusual adventure I ever had it was at the camp. I was walking in the forest with my friends when we heard a sound. The sound came from the Tall Trees, a WARNING AREA, where before some years the scientists did experiments and an explosion happened. So we went there and we saw a robot, which was giant. We started run, but only I escaped. The robot was running to the camp while I was thinking how to destroy it. And then... I found it. I went to the hill, where was a waterslide, I took two balloons and a sock, I rubbed them, I made static electricity and I slided to the water slide. I put only my feet and I was sliding down, when the robot appeared in front of me. I jumped as higher as I could, I touched the robot with the balloons and with my feet and a short-circuit happened. The robot fell.....

    DIMOS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhat adventurous

    You enjoy some adventure in your life but maintain a little balance at the same time.You do things after a little thought,which is appreciable.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adventurous

    Your adrenaline is always pumping high. You are dying to try out new and daring things. You love to enjoy yourself. At the same time be careful, so that you do not hurt yourself.

    Manos

    ReplyDelete